cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f4 Discovery : Target not found

wills_zhuang
Associate
Posted on November 04, 2016 at 14:32

Hi guys. I was working with this board and it works well. But suddenly when i wanted to build and run my code (Attollic True Studio) into the board again it show an error that it failed to connect to ST-Link. Reason : no Device found on target. error (-1)

I found out that the diode D1 is broken. as i could not replace the diode in the meantime, i then try my code on the other board where nothing is broken. The same error again.

I tried to run it in Utility. The device is not detected with JP1 on. With JP1 off, the device is detected but target not found. I tried using every available frequency and it still wont work. I tried the software reset, but it didnt work as target not found. hard reset too din help.

Driver: ST Link V2

I have search everywhere regarding this problem, but none of the solution helps. Did anyone had a similar Problem and found a solution? Thanks in advance!

The foto shows my device with JP1 off. The LEDs show me that i have no problem with power and the problem is then my STM32F407 Chip.

2 REPLIES 2
dixon
Associate II
Posted on November 04, 2016 at 15:00

hi 

Check for the voltage detected in the Utility. If it is less than 3.3 then it is not necessary to detect. There would be some internal short.

Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 2:35 PM

Subject: STM32f4 Discovery : Target not found

Hi guys. I was working with this board and it works well. But suddenly when i wanted to build and run my code (Attollic True Studio) into the board again it show an error that it failed to connect to ST-Link. Reason : no Device found on target. error (-1)

I found out that the diode D1 is broken. as i could not replace the diode in the meantime, i then try my code on the other board where nothing is broken. The same error again.

I tried to run it in Utility. The device is not detected with JP1 on. With JP1 off, the device is detected but target not found. I tried using every available frequency and it still wont work. I tried the software reset, but it didnt work as target not found. hard reset too din help.

Driver: ST Link V2

I have search everywhere regarding this problem, but none of the solution helps. Did anyone had a similar Problem and found a solution? Thanks in advance!

The foto shows my device with JP1 off. The LEDs show me that i have no problem with power and the problem is then my STM32F407 Chip.

Posted on November 04, 2016 at 16:09

JP1 powers the F4, without it none of the JTAG/SWD connectivity is going to function, electrons are funny that way.

If your software broke the debug interface, ie reconfigured pins it was using, low power mode etc, you could try shorting BOOT0 and VDD, and using the ST-LINK Utilities to erase your code while running the ROM based System Loader. If that works disconnect the BOOT0 short, and reflect of what your code is doing to cause this problem.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..