cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX error code generation

Adriano Melis
Associate III
Posted on November 07, 2016 at 12:19

When regenerating code (previously correctly generated several times) CubeMX displays an error window and deletes an initialization assembler source file which prevents the Eclipse/System Workbench project to build successfully.

The text on the window says ''The Code is successfully generated under C:/..... but SW3STM32Project generation have a problem.''

The deleted assembly file is Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F0xx/Source/Templates/gcc/startup_stm32f051x8.s

I have attached the .ioc file for reference

#!cubemx-!code-generation
5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 11, 2016 at 13:57

Dear User,

Please note that your issue is reported internally for checking and we will contact you soon.

Best Regards

STM32.forum

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Adriano Melis
Associate III
Posted on November 23, 2016 at 11:08

It happened again. I was using a new project which did not show the problem. Just after I checked the box ''Delete previously generated files when not re-generated'' CubeMX shows the same error window and deletes the assebnly initialization file. This is really annoying.

Unchecking the box does not change the behavior of CubeMX: this .ioc can not be used in the same place anymore.

Adriano Melis
Associate III
Sirma Siang
ST Employee
Posted on January 27, 2017 at 17:09

Hello

Melis.Adriano

A similar bug has been fixed in 4. Since, the 4.19 has been released.

Could you please try with that newest version ?

Great thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Marc

digital B
Associate II
Posted on November 30, 2017 at 23:45

I can confirm this for version 4.19 too.

This appears to be due to a missing .xml file that accompanies the .ioc file (it has the same name as the .ioc file).

I found this out after renaming the .ioc file.

Solution:

a) Rename the .xml file as well

or

b) Undelete/recover the .xml file

or

c) Copy another such .xml file and edit it to fit the .ioc project (it contains project, MCU and debug interface name)