cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUbeMX request for change - removing the absolute path of the project from the .ioc file

Adriano Melis
Associate III
Posted on November 23, 2016 at 17:30

The absolute path of a CubeMX project is embedded in the .ioc file. This makes a little more difficult moving the project elsewhere or restarting with the project for example when retrieving it from a remote Git repository.

It would be better having the option to keep the project location-agnostic and to regenerate the project-derived files in the directory which contains the .ioc file.

#feature-request #stm32cubemx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 15:50

Hi

Schober.Bryce

You can change the use default firmware location and give a relative path to the project (at the bottom of ProjectSettings/Project as below and untick ''Use Default Firmware Location) :

0690X00000606cuQAA.png

In you ioc, you will have the path you want.

BR. Eric

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 24, 2016 at 12:04

Dear User,

Thank you for highlighting this.

Please note that your feedback is reported internally to our CubeMx team.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome to improve our solutions.

Best Regards

STM32.forum

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on December 09, 2016 at 09:06

Hello adriano_melis,

When you edit an ioc file, you can see that it contains only configuration settings and no path.

The issue you reported may be linked to another topic than the ioc file itself.

I hope it will help you.

BR.

Eric Dampierre

Posted on March 30, 2017 at 00:55

This just isn't true. My .ioc project files, including a new one just created with 4.20, record an absolute path for the Cube repository directory:

ProjectManager.CustomerFirmwarePackage=/home/<user>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0

I would really really, really love to have the STM32Cube repository be able to be stored in a path relative to the project. That would enable me to keep the Cube FW in a source repository so that it could be centrally managed for all project users.

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 15:50

Hi

Schober.Bryce

You can change the use default firmware location and give a relative path to the project (at the bottom of ProjectSettings/Project as below and untick ''Use Default Firmware Location) :

0690X00000606cuQAA.png

In you ioc, you will have the path you want.

BR. Eric