Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 timers synchronizing

marek2399
Associate II
Posted on October 15, 2017 at 23:57

Hello engineers,

iam worikn on one project and i want to sync timers. Please correct me if iam wrong but in block diagram is shown ITR as control signal for whole timer(so all channels ale controlled by one ITR signal). But ITR cannot be maped to each timer. I need to clock ADC and DAC by one pulse timers(ADC and DAC has different clocks and have to work in different time slots so i need two one pulse timers to control two timers for clock periph's). And because i did not find any table with possible options ive turned to you. Could you help me with my issue? Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on October 16, 2017 at 00:54

I don't quite understand what do you want to achieve, but it is possible establish master-slave connection from one particular master timer to several slave timers, see e.g. RM0351 10.3  Interconnection details - for example TIM1 as master can be source for trigger to TIM8, TIM2, TIM3, TIM4 and TIM15. Then if you look at TIMx_SMCR description in each respective timer chapter, you'll find a table  TIMx internal trigger connection detailing which ITR belongs to which source, e.g. for TIM2, TIM3 and TIM4, trigger coming from  TIM1 is conected to ITR0.

JW

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on October 16, 2017 at 00:54

I don't quite understand what do you want to achieve, but it is possible establish master-slave connection from one particular master timer to several slave timers, see e.g. RM0351 10.3  Interconnection details - for example TIM1 as master can be source for trigger to TIM8, TIM2, TIM3, TIM4 and TIM15. Then if you look at TIMx_SMCR description in each respective timer chapter, you'll find a table  TIMx internal trigger connection detailing which ITR belongs to which source, e.g. for TIM2, TIM3 and TIM4, trigger coming from  TIM1 is conected to ITR0.

JW

marek2399
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2017 at 08:49

Hello Jan,

Many thanks for answer. This is exactly what i was looking for. Many thanks!

marek2399
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2017 at 13:59

Hello Jan,

Could you please help me with another issue. Ive found that i can clock DAC by timer 15 but there is no mention in library either reference manual in section DAC. I use STM32L41KC. Those documents are really terrible!

EDIT: Solved.I will use ADC and DAC will be clocked by TIM2. Document is still terrible :\

Posted on October 16, 2017 at 14:33

STM32L41KC - one digit is missing

Which document are you talking about?

JW

Posted on October 18, 2017 at 20:19

Hello,

Sorry it is STM32L431KC and document is reference manual (RM0394). Ive solved the problem with synchronizing timers 1 and 2. But i dont know how to trigger TIM16 from COMP2. Any advice?

Many thanks

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 15:24

Sorry, I don't know. You may want to contact ST directly through the web support form.

JW