cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a website or sample program for learning I2C communication using two Nucleo boards?

Ken Inoue
Associate III
Posted on December 01, 2017 at 14:33

Is there a website or sample program for learning I2C communication using two Nucleo boards? As for the sample program, it is better to use STM32Cube MX if possible. Because I am a Japanese, I am struggling to learn I2C. There are few Japanese sites regarding I2C communication.

4 REPLIES 4
T J
Lead
Posted on December 02, 2017 at 00:00

It is difficult to get support for any stage of your understanding.

try the examples, they are quite straight forward.

when you have an actual solution that has an issue, then post the issue.

we will try to help, but we are all busy, so we only look in a few times a day at best.

IIC or I2C has been around for many years, it is a slow interface but it is only 2 wire.(plus ground)

most projects have IIC and SPI running

did you get the serial port running ?  that's the best way to get a debug screen going, where you can print messages to a terminal.

dont forget in IIC the address is only 7but and shifted up one bit.

ie 7bitAddress = 8bitAddress <<1

john doe
Lead
Posted on December 02, 2017 at 01:45

in the stm32 cube repository for your chip family, you will find examples for i2c between two nucleo boards.

http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-packages.html?querycriteria=productId=LN1897

Posted on December 02, 2017 at 09:12

I am sorry I could not give you a concrete example. From now on I will ask you specific questions.

Best Regards,

Ken Inoue

Posted on December 02, 2017 at 09:20

Thank you for your reply. I found the sample program. I will try to run the program. Thanks.

Best Regards, 

Ken Inoue