Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[M24LR]Energy harvesting mode max current

intern
Associate
Posted on June 19, 2017 at 13:36

Hi,

I am working on wireless application and i would like to use energy harvesting mode of M24LR. I have a question about maximum harvested current. Datasheet is mentioning 6mA as the highest value. Is it possible to incrase this value by stronger magnetic field or bigger antenna (i need about 16mA)? Does the chip will handle bigger currents? Or maybe max range 6mA is only value above which energy harvesting output becomes active?

I would be grateful for any kind of help.

Best regards,

Mathew

#max-current #wireless #nfc #m24lr #energy-harvesting
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee
Posted on December 20, 2017 at 15:04

Dear Mateusz,

The 6mA value of the datasheet is the maximum current sink, for a voltage output above 2.7V, in the conditions defined by ISO15693, which are a maximum field power of 7A/m, and an antenna size of 72mm*42mm.

I may be possible to sink more current (probably less than 9mA), with a bigger antenna, or by decreasing the output voltage value. But it will not be possible to achieve 16mA out of the M24LR device.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JL. Lebon
ST Employee
Posted on December 20, 2017 at 15:04

Dear Mateusz,

The 6mA value of the datasheet is the maximum current sink, for a voltage output above 2.7V, in the conditions defined by ISO15693, which are a maximum field power of 7A/m, and an antenna size of 72mm*42mm.

I may be possible to sink more current (probably less than 9mA), with a bigger antenna, or by decreasing the output voltage value. But it will not be possible to achieve 16mA out of the M24LR device.

Best regards.