Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f103c8t6 usb driver for windows 10

majd-ghadab
Associate III
Posted on November 14, 2016 at 13:04

hello 

this is my first try to work with ARM and I bought stm32f103c8t6 that is simple to start with it a few days before i buy a big development board

I have a problem in installing usb driver on windows 10 for stm32f103c8t6 

I have STM32CubeMX and already installed stm32f1 package but windows 10 shows a problem in device manger please see the atachment for the message 

and the board has red led that blinking 

please help 

thank you
5 REPLIES 5
slimen
Senior
Posted on November 14, 2016 at 13:34

Hello,

Try with the ''compatibility mode'' setting and change it for windows 7/8 .

Regards

majd-ghadab
Associate III
Posted on November 14, 2016 at 15:33

do you mean I have to uninstall STM32CubeMX and reinstall it in ''compatibility mode'' with windows 7 ?

majd-ghadab
Associate III
Posted on November 14, 2016 at 16:15

I have tried to install drivers on windows 7 with board but not worked and it showed on windows 7 that usb is not recognized

please help: do you think the board is not working and i have to reship it as damaged?

do i have to put jumper ? or maybe do you think that no usb loader in chip and i have to use stlink to install loader ??

the red led is blinking , i don't have stlink now ..please help me

slimen
Senior
Posted on November 15, 2016 at 10:42

Hi,

I recommend you to increase heap and stack sizes in the CubeMx setting.

Then, start with a working USB example to identify what is going wrong in your case and confirm if the problem here seems related to the hardware or software environment.

You can refer to this CDC Standalone application to confirm that device is working properly: STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.4.0\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

Let us know if there is any improvement there.

Regards

majd-ghadab
Associate III
Posted on November 15, 2016 at 12:42

as i think until now there is no bootloader for usb in the controller so i ordered stlink v2 and usb to ttl converter to try both programs :

Demonstrator GUI , using usb to ttl converter to insert the bootloader and

STM32 ST-LINK Utility to insert generic_boot20_pg15.bin this bootloader file is from STM32duino-bootloader

they will shipped to me in these tow days ,both ways as i read on internet must work...

depending on what i have seen my board could not be recognized from usb device in windows so i could not program it so how i will use CubeMx ?