J-Link error

26 REPLIES 26
ybenharim10
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:59

When I try to download to flash, I get J-Link error message:

Wrong ROM table component id.

Expected 0xB105100D, Found 0x00000000

I work with IAR-SK evaluation board with STM32F103B processor and IAR5 kickstart edition.

When I boot PC / board or replace J-Link box, problem is not solved.

When I replace evaluation board, problem does not happen.

What should I do to solve the problem with my board?

jj
Associate II

Quote:

When I replace evaluation board, problem does not happen.

Are you saying that you have more than 1 eval bd - and that problem is solved on other eval bd? If ''yes'' - review TN0067 - appears that you have an older rev STM32 - you need rev ''A.''

If ''no'' - tell us which rev IAR KS, (5.2 is most current) and which ver JLink you have. (we have ver 6 - believe they're up now to ver 7)

jilisegiar
Associate II

It seems that the flash contained a ''bad'' code. Try to boot from RAM then load another working example and the problem will be not happen.

ybenharim10
Associate II

I am using:

IAR KS 5.2

J-Link 7.0

STM32-SK rev B evaluation board

ARM Y STM32FRBT6 processor

Problem does not happen with other identical board, but I would like to work with my board.

Is this processor rev B or rev Y?

I also tried to link with the RAM icf file and uncheck the ''use flash loader'' in the debugger options, but the problem persists...

jj
Associate II

As the problem only occurs on one eval bd it appears not to be a code or IDE issue - I would suspect the STM32 device.

To determine the device rev look in current data-sheets or review the now closed thread on ''problems with IAR 5.2 and older rev STM32 medium density devices. If you look carefully @ ea uC - on the good and bad board - you should be able to identify any rev differences. The correct rev is ''A'' - these were usually ''not'' installed on STM32-SK.

If you indeed have an old rev STM32 - the IAR IDE should ''squawk'' when you first attempt a download.

ybenharim10
Associate II

I successfully downloaded to the avaluation board many times before the problem occured, I guess that TN0067 is not the problem.

Both boards have the same CPU.

Can this problem happen by accidetial deleting parts of the flash that are not written in download?

Can this problem happen from hardware problem in the interanl flash?

ybenharim10
Associate II

Thanks,

I installed the new driver, boot the PC/board,

changed to RAM icf link and setup ''Core and Peripherals''.

But the problem is not solved..

Any ideas??

jilisegiar
Associate II

As I said, it seems that the flash contained a ''bad'' code( low power example,..). You can resolve this problem by booting from RAM and load another working example. But for your case you can not boot from RAM with IAR STM32-SK board. So try first to update your Jlink driver from Segger web site(http://www.segger.com/download_jlink.html : Software and documentation pack V4.02 ) then setup the reset strategy to ''Core and Peripherals'' (Options->J-Link\J-Trace->Setup)

jilisegiar
Associate II

What you obtain if you run the Jlink.exe utility:

C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLinkARM_V402