cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope helpful to you. Introduce a new STM32 IAP scheme,Only use 2KB Flash,with AES cipher

mcuisp
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2009 at 04:14

Hope helpful to you. Introduce a new STM32 IAP scheme,Only use 2KB Flash,with AES cipher

3 REPLIES 3
mcuisp
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:08

Abstract:

The purpose of this application note is to provide a smart IAP scheme. To help developer implement IAP System. This scheme provide Safety, Security, also Smart IAP BootLoader.

The new IAP scheme only use 2KB for all STM32F.

The new IAP scheme allow use AES, ECC….those complex cryptography. Still keep Smart Code Size(Less than 2KB).

The .pdf file can download from www.mcuisp.com

Best Regards!!!

James.

[ This message was edited by: mcuisp on 02-04-2009 12:44 ]

[ This message was edited by: mcuisp on 02-04-2009 13:54 ]

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi James,

Thank you for your excellent contribution, this is a Great design on secure Programming of the Flash. I saw that there is a pending Patent of the idea, So I'm asking if our forums users and STM32 applications could potentially use these methods ?

Thank you again,

Cheers,

STOne-32.

mcuisp
Associate II

Hi STOne-32:

Thanks for you point out the advantage of this scheme.

I mainly hope this scheme widely used, but also wish this technology bring income to me. So i'd pending the patent.

In fact, I wish that if somebody or company interested for this technology, and have enough resource(financing/market), can pending international patent.

If a mcu manufacturer, like ST, feel this scheme can increase the competitive power of it's mcu, maybe it can hold this patent.

This scheme also useful to improve the System BootLoader In STM32. With the same function of current version, the used FLASH will reduce to about 1KB; or Keep the same size(2KB), the ability of BootLoader will dramatic increase. although the ISP BootLoader don't need security, we can let more than one USART be ISP Port, not only PA9/PA10.

On other side, move the erase/write code out of FLASH, will slightly increase the reliability of MCU.

Best Regards.

James