Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2002 at 09:18

I require a software support, to program the micros ST72324J6T3 & 72F521R9T3,

both micros are in a appliance control that is made in our company.These

micro must be programmed in the production line in order to make the test

from the control, (this mean that are solded in the application). We actually

are using Visual C++ , to make our inteface to the control, so I need to know

if STMicroelectronis, have a software support to do that. There are

libraries that can be used or included in our software application?.

Please answer my question, I need this information

Thanks,

stephanie
Associate II
Posted on September 26, 2002 at 06:13

There are two possibilities:

* you could have use the ST tools: The ICP( In-Circuit Programming) features allows to program a device already soldered on an application board through a ICP connector (5 wires, refer to the datasheet of the product). For using ICP, you only need a little dongle (ST7-STICK or the dongle decribed in the ICC reference manual), or an EPB or a DVP.

* on production line, if you have specific testers, then some C programming routines are provided in the ICC reference manual available on this site. Go to Search then enter ICC you should find it right a way.
maxime2399
Associate II
Posted on October 03, 2002 at 21:27

I think what Toto is looking for is more like a DLL based programmer so he could program ST7 devices from is own PC software interface without having to rewrite all the ICC routines.

isn't it, Toto?
alain2399
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2002 at 11:43

The real question is how you will interface the PC to your application board.

ST is providing the STICK or the EPBs for bridging the PC parallel port to the application board.

But then you must use the STVP7 software. I know that ST is working on providing the API of the low layer DLLs

in order to allow the end user to develop its own graphical user interface (programming tool kit).

[ Ce message a ete modifié par : : Alaini on 22-11-2002 15:46 ]
bhale
Associate II
Posted on November 06, 2002 at 18:50

You say ST are working on providing DLL drivers to interface with the programmer, that sounds fantastic, any idea on when these will be available or if a beta is already out?

johanpauvert1
Associate II
Posted on November 07, 2002 at 12:03

The only software interface available for both STick and EPBs is currently ST's programmer software called STVP7 not STVD7 !

STVD7 is ST's IDE interface, used for debugging code.

So, EPBs are used to program devices on socket or through In Circuit Programming (ICP). Stick is only able to program devices through ICP.

Breizh

sjo
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2003 at 09:57

Take a look at www.spen-soft.co.uk where you can download a fully functional ST7 programmer (with schematics & source-code), it works in standalone mode (keyfob) or connected to a pc via RS232.