md1
Associate II
Posted on December 01, 2003 at 12:04

Laptop Parallel Ports

6 REPLIES 6
md1
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2003 at 06:34

I have a Customer using a DELL Lattitude D800 laptop, with Windows XP. The Customer is using version 2.5.3 of ST Visual Debug.

He is unable to communicate with his ST7MDT2-DVP2.

However, he has tried a very old version of the software (1.0.3, I know its old), and this works fine.

I have sent him various 2.x.x versions to try, to try and determine which versions work OK with his laptop.

I have used the STVD 2.5.3 and DVP under XP on a desktop and various laptops without a problem. I can only assume this is a parallel port issue at the moment.

We have tried all the various modes, Normal, Bi-di, ECP.

Any ideas?

jatin
Associate II
Posted on November 24, 2003 at 08:32

ST7 Visual debug ver 2.5.3 is compatible with Windows XP. So the problem may be due to the Parallel port of your laptop. What's the error message are you getting?

shreya
Associate II
Posted on November 25, 2003 at 03:19

Is the DVP as old as the STVD7 version?

md1
Associate II
Posted on November 27, 2003 at 13:00

Thanks for the replies.

Apparently, no error message appears. When the debug button is pressed, the software just waits indefinately.

I know this is not enough information to base a conclusion on, so I have given the Customer a disc full of previous STVD versions. I should be getting the results back soon.

If a previous 2.x version works OK, then this will give us some idea of where the problem lies?

shreya
Associate II
Posted on November 28, 2003 at 08:22

What is the status shown at the right hand corner? Does it say ''Running'' or ''Reset'' or...? Maybe,your application is not coming out of reset?

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on December 01, 2003 at 12:04

Sometimes the address of the parallel port is not standard on some laptop. Can you look in the BIOS how the parallel port is configured ?