Associate II
Posted on January 27, 2005 at 05:52

Insinght

4 REPLIES 4
gianfranco2
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2005 at 13:15

Hi,

I'd like to know if the software from HITEX and HITOP-LINK LPT-JTAG cable are able to work with STR710. Is it possible to use it with STR710 for the developing? And can I use GCC 3.4.0 (www.gnuarm.com) compiler which includes Insight 6.1 debugger? Is it possible to use this kit also for debugging STR7 application?

Tks.

sjo
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2005 at 13:49

yes you can, this is what we use in our gcc based toolchain.

To use insight you can use OCDRemote from Macraigor, or angel.

We did use GNUARM before building our own cross toolchain.

GNUARM is ok but there are better optimisations that can be applied to newlib (c library). Or even use uclibc rather than newlib.

Regards

sjo

gianfranco2
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2005 at 17:02

Thank you SJO.

I have installed Macraigor System Cygwin Development Environment 2.00 and after Macraigor System GNU toolchain for ARM 2.02..

Under \cygwin\usr\local\bin I run arm-elf-insight but in the TARGET SELECTION menu on TARGET combo box I did not find the right target device to make the connection with the HITOP-LINK LPT-JTAG.

How can I do?

Tks

sjo
Associate II
Posted on January 27, 2005 at 05:52

Sorry,

Just realised you are using a hitex jtag dongle. Don't know the pinout for this, but if it is compatible with the wiggler you will be ok.

If not it is quite easy to build a simple wiggler comatible interface.

As a quick test download OCD Commander from the same site and select Wiggler as the interface, if this connects ok then I will explain how to setup insight etc.

Regards

sjo