sjo
Associate II
Posted on July 08, 2005 at 08:43

USB Mass Storage

11 REPLIES 11
sjo
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2005 at 08:05

Trying to save a bit of time, is there a Mass Storage demo written for the str71x ?

Regards

sjo

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2005 at 08:10

Hi sjo,

For the moment only the mouse demo is available for the STR710 device.

With best regards,

Hich 😉

sjo
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2005 at 08:17

I have obtained a bulk demo from yourselves just wondering whether anyone had been modified it to the mass storage class.

Just find it strange that st does not provide a mass storage demo !!

Regards

sjo

degiar
Associate II
Posted on June 18, 2005 at 06:55

Quote:

On 14-06-2005 alle ore 11:35, Anonimo wrote:

Trying to save a bit of time, is there a Mass Storage demo written for the str71x ?

Regards

sjo

also I need to develope a Mass Storage using STR71x and SD cards. If you will find info/demo (just to save a bit of time, as you told), please let me know. I will do the same...

alok2
Associate II
Posted on June 21, 2005 at 03:40

You can port the 7265x based mass-storage into STR7x. The f/w is written in C. The physical interface with flash cards needs to be changed.

sjo
Associate II
Posted on June 21, 2005 at 06:29

Thats roughly what I am basing it on, it just would be nice if st had a mass storage driver - being a fairly common interface these days.

Regards

sjo

degiar
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2005 at 08:55

Please, where can I find ''the 7265x based mass-storage'' ?

I looked for it, but I couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance

smartpocket
Associate II
Posted on June 30, 2005 at 06:18

Hi digi,

the mass storage firmware for 7265x is under NDA ...

you must contact ST or your distributor . . .

bye

smart

degiar
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2005 at 19:00

Hello Sjo and to all of you ot the forum (thank you Smart)

ST gave me ST72651 mass storage firmware, and I studied it to understand how to port it to STR71x...

If you bear with me, I try to summarize what I have understood...

The code implements a device able to interface different kind of mass storage.

It looks like not all the source is available as, for instance, I cound not find the definition of Vec_main (in the main.c module). . Other missing functions are some SCSI functions.

The USB protocol is managed by modules which are mostly written in assembler.. It implements end point 0. plus other 5 end point. It looks like only end point 2 is used for mass storage. At least the BOT_Action function does the necessary interworking between the USB protocol end point 2 and the mass storage drivers, through the SCSI module which contains the RBC commands interpreter.

The SCSI module should interwork with the different mass storage (MAL), but the missing functions do not make clear where and how they interfaces for instance the MMC module.

The MMC module implements interfacing with MMC mass storage through the DTC.

As conclusion these modules cannot be used as they are because or are they written in assembler or are using directly hardware registers and specialized processor as the DTC. However they may help to understand and evaluate the complexity of the implementation and above all to solve any problem wich may arise during design or testing.

So, have you any suggestion?

Is there the possibility to abbreviate the distance?

I hope that it could be possible ...

ciao

DiGi