ahamil3560
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2004 at 02:17

I2C on DK3200 development kit

4 REPLIES 4
ahamil3560
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:58

I am having a hard time getting the I2C routines contained in the RTC demo firmware (dk32dsn3.zip) working properly on the dk3 I am not famiar with the I2C module (I have only used bit-banging).... and the uPSD323x datasheet Rev1.2 does not contain any information on how to USE the I2C peripheral. It only contains 4 pages on the associated registers and their descriptions.

I am confused by the use of dummy writes to the S2DAT register especially. How does S2DAT = 0xFF put the I2C peripheral into receive mode?

If anyone has programming guide / flow chart for the I2C peripheral it would be a BIG help.

Thanks

joseph2399
Associate II

We will be releasing an I2C driver within a few weeks for master and slave modes that should be helpful. We will also include a demo to show how to use the drivers.

danielh1
Associate II

Well, that makes two of us. The I2C documentation is indeed very fuzzy and I also had a very hard time to make it work, after many trials and innumerous errors. Until ST releases something more complete, I attached my I2C module for master mode operation, without interrupt.

I hope that this will help you.

By the way, I have a quite large experience with I2C: 8052 bitbang, Philips master mode and Microchip slave mode. So, I must be a complete idiot, or something is really missing in the doc.

Bye, Daniel

joseph2399
Associate II

We are working to release a uPSD3200 I2C driver that will be made available on our website (target release is within a month). A notification will be made on the forum when it is available.

On a case-by-case basis, a beta version of the I2C driver will be made available. If interested in receiving a copy of the beta version, please send a request to

mailto:apps.psd@st.com

with the following information:

Name

Company Name

Phone Number

Location (City, State, Country)

uPSD part number of device being used (3234, 3254, etc.)

Application

Projected annual volume (units)

Regards,

uPSD Applications Engineering