Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2003 at 00:38

ST7MDT2-DVP2 problem? Help!!!

4 REPLIES 4
terryhao
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2003 at 08:24

Dear sir,

I use ST development kits ST7MDT2-DVP2 on my project. But now I can not connect the ST7MDT2-DVP2 to my PC and then I found the 3.3V LDO in the DVP2 board is hot when working. After powering off the DVP2 I measured the resister between 3.3V test point and ground is near zero. Then I cut off the output of LDO and measured the resistence of the 3.3V terminal, it is still very low, So I think the LDO is OK, there must be some problem on the rear. Because I am urgent of developing this project and don't ave the schematic of the DVP2 on hand,so could any body have the experince on reparing the DVP2 do me a hand to solve it. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

terry
florent2399
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2003 at 09:19

Hi, the LDO should be a bit hot, I think it's normal...You'd better check the 3.3V output to know if the LDO works fine, and the com port configuration on the PC side.

B.Rds

F
terryhao
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2003 at 00:10

Dear Florent,

First, thanks a lot for your quick response. I have checked and found that without connecting the LDO output with the ohter part of the board, the LDO can output 3.3V, but while connectiong the output pin of the LDO, the LDO can only output 0.4V around, I have checked the load of the LDO is near 0.8 ohm, so I doubt there must be some part is damaged, could you help me to found the possible part damaged because I don't have the schematic. Thanks a lot!!

Best Regards,

Terry
florent2399
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2003 at 00:38

Hi Terry,

I don't have any schematic on hand; the only thing you can do is 1) to investigate by yourself (I guess it's not so easy job...) 2) to contact the nearest ST office and send back the board for reparation.

If you can't see any burnt component, maybe the PLD is damaged. Anyway, check carrefully the value of standard components like resistors, capacitors,...

By the way, you should always follow this when you use the emulator: first you power on the DVP, then the application.

Hope you can solve your problem ASAP!!

B.Rgds

Florent