Associate II
Posted on May 04, 2004 at 14:05

ICP on ST7SCR

5 REPLIES 5
econfalonieri
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2004 at 12:02

Hi, FAE from Italy here.

A customer is asking me if there is a low cost approach to the In System Programming of ST7SCR. I noticed that there is not a driver to program this micro neither in STVisualProgrammer nor in Softec Datablaze, selecting respectively ST7Stick and STX-INDART as HW tools. This is strange considering that ST7SCR is a HD flash device.

More, I didn't find on STM pricelists ST7MDTS1-EPB2, is this tool available?

Best Regards

E.C.
jatin
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2004 at 06:21

For ST7SCR the EPB is available.

The part no for EPB is - ST7MDTS1-EPB/EU, ST7MDTS1-EPB/UK, ST7MDTS1-EPB/US
nciot
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2004 at 06:17

Due to it's particular structure (without RESET pin) and ICC entry mode, the ST7SCR can't be programmed by SofTec Microsystems inDART-STX, but only with our gang programmer MP8011A, which controls the Vdd line to generate a power-on reset.

Regards,

Nicola
econfalonieri
Associate II
Posted on May 04, 2004 at 13:56

I think it could be possible using a indart ST7F ICD to perform this task. In particular the Reset signal coming from the ICD could be used to give the Vdd to the board (by a pushpull driver as an example). And selecting ST7F62x on DataBlaze interface (it seems this microes has the same bootloader start-up as ST7FSCR).

Has anybody already done it?

Regards

E.C.
sjo
Associate II
Posted on May 04, 2004 at 14:05

The scr uses a different bootloader, the icc pins are different for a start, aswell as the actual flash register is in a differant memory location.

Flashbash currently supports the rom scr (with a reset pin).

I am working on a solution for the flash variant (without reset pin).

Regards

sjo

[ This message was edited by: sjo on 04-05-2004 17:37 ]