itsmejatinus
Associate II
Posted on February 12, 2003 at 06:30

Pending Interrupts

4 REPLIES 4
itsmejatinus
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2003 at 08:30

If i set the interrupt sensitivity as ''rising edge & high level'' then in that case the time for which the level on the interrupt pin should be high(i.e. pulse width) is 1tcpu for an interrupt to be detected but my question is when does a processor keep it in the list of pending interrupt. Is there any time for which if the level remains high ,processor keep it into the list of pending interrupt .

itsmejatinus
Associate II
Posted on February 12, 2003 at 01:44

Hello all,

I simply want to avoid pending interrupt when interrupt sensitivity is set to Rising Edge & High level...What to do ??

stephanie
Associate II
Posted on February 12, 2003 at 06:06

Hi,

in fact, when setting an interrupt sensitivity as ''rising edge and high level'', an interrupt will occur when a high level occurs (IRQ line set) and it's when the it routine address is fetched (present on the address bus) that the IRQ line goes low, but if during this time, your signal applied on the ext I/O is still high, then an interrupt request will once again occur (IRQ line goes high) and the same interrupt will be pending.

If you don't want to have several interrupts, you can select ''rising edge only'' sensitivity, otherwise it's up to you to manage your interrupt signal .

[ This message was edited by: stef on 12-02-2003 10:54 ]
itsmejatinus
Associate II
Posted on February 12, 2003 at 06:30

Hello,

you have said that it checks for the HIGH level before going into the main routine. Is it like just before executing IRET instruction......

Thanks for the answer

[ This message was edited by: Ranjeet on 14-02-2003 06:09 ]