Did you mean: 

STVP for ST9 EPB (ST9 programer) opening old files

scott239955
Associate II
Posted on May 27, 2003 at 21:48

STVP for ST9 EPB (ST9 programer) opening old files

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:34

I have used STVP9 for many years and I do not confirm your problem.

Make sure that you open the right file and this one was recently recompiled. For instance, if you use the code shell from

http://www.stmcu.com/forums-cat-33-4.html

then you will notice that the s19 and hex files are only updated if you perform a ''rebuild all''. The ''build'' command only update the .u file not the s19/hex files.

I wish STVP9 could have been more friendly in this matter. In the meantime, use the ''detail'' icon in your open window to check when the file you are about to use has been modified for the last time.

Jojo

scott239955
Associate II

After rebuilding my application and generating a new .s19 file, I ''in circuit program'' a ST92F150 part on my application board. I have version 1.9.5.0 of the STVP for ST9 EPB.

Most of the time the program does not load the new file and uses the old file. this is evident in the checksum and is driving me crazy!. I have tried various things to get it to load the new program, but it seems to be random. Sometimes exiting the software and changing the device type a few times works. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

scott239955
Associate II

Thank's Jojo,

I did not realize ''build'' did not update the s19/hex files. I think that was the problem.

Smiles