scott239955
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2005 at 05:25

ST92F150 Code protection

3 REPLIES 3
scott239955
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:36

I'm trying to secure the code so that it can not be read back out. Usually this simply involves setting a bit and is usually an option on programmers. The ST92F150, however, is more complicated. The ST programmer help index references an option that does not exist, and the data sheet is confusing and complicated. Can anyone please help? :o

mail9
Associate

Quote:

On 12-04-2005 at 05:08, Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to secure the code so that it can not be read back out. Usually this simply involves setting a bit and is usually an option on programmers. The ST92F150, however, is more complicated. The ST programmer help index references an option that does not exist, and the data sheet is confusing and complicated. Can anyone please help? :o

The same problem I have. I had success to set the Bit APRO in the register NVAPR via a procedure executed from RAM, following the data sheet of the processor - but now the processor is not only protected against read-out, but also protected against erasure. So, the processor is damaged for me, because I cannot reprogram it. I asked the support in Germany before 10 days, this people forwarded my questions to many peoples in different countries, but I have no answer anymore!

regards, Bernhard

To write or erase the device once it is protected, try the following procedure, this un-protects temporarely the device.

set the PROT bit of FCR register (or FCR, #02h)

set the Write Protection bits of NVWPR register (or NVWPR, #3Fh)

set the FWMS bit of FCR register (or FCR, #80h)

test FBUSY bit of FCR register to check the prog operation end,

then write or erase the device.