ST7 - device firmware upgrade

7 REPLIES 7
svidhya9
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2003 at 00:54

hi friends,

i have gone through the application notes by ST7 in IAP .Can anyone

please give me an idea of its practical implementation details?ST has given a

development kit for dfu.Is that without that development kit upgrade not possible?i'll be very happy to know details reg these things.

Take Care

Regards,

Vidhu

simms
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2003 at 11:22

You don't have to use the DFU-DP, it's just one solution provided

for ST7 USB MCUs

If you want to get more general IAP implementation details, a good starting point is the ST7 Flash Programming Ref Manual which u can get here:

http://www.stmcu.com/mcdfiles/8184.pdf
erik_nelson
Associate
Posted on February 27, 2003 at 12:08

I am not sure what you are looking for... but IAP is fairly straightforward to implement on the ST7. Note however, that the EMU3 emulator does NOT emulate flash (at least on the devices I have used) even though ST7 visual debug lets me choose flash devices and reports 'no emulation discrepancies'.

I have applications in which the firmware can be updated from a standard PC serial port using the SCI. Programming is done by the PC sending 256 byte blocks (pages) temporally spaced to meet the page programming time of the target device. The essential steps are listed below, though you will most likely want to add additional details to insure that IAP is completely ''bulletproof.''

(1) Disable interrupts

(2) Restore the stack size (if necessary)

(3) Turn on Vpp (I allow ~10ms to settle)

(4) Unlock RASS

(5) Erase the user flash sectors

(6) Receive a page

(7) Program page in flash

(

Repeat step 6 until done

davidchien9
Associate II
Posted on April 15, 2003 at 09:53

I have tried for several weeks now to get IAP working on the ST72F264G2 via RS-232 PC control (SCI interface), however I can NOT seem to have any success in performing IAP on xFlash memory. I have already read the following application notes available from the ST web site: AN8184, AN1755, AN1070, AN1477, AN1179, AN1756 and ST7 Flash Programming Reference Manual (October 2002) and I strongly feel that my code is following the rules EXACTLY!

This is for a product that is only 2 weeks away from MP! Please anyone help! I have contacted the local Taiwan ST FAE office, however they are not able to even get the IAP SCI Demo on the ST72F264 working! Please help! I have read that others have been able to get IAP working on this micro using SCI. Please share your exact code with me. I am more than willing to share my code with anyone that has the time to help. I can even PAY you for your time! This is urgent!

Please contact me at

mailto:david.chien@tw.eastecher.com

or

mailto:david.grant@tw.eastecher.com

if you are able and willing to offer your help!

Best Regards,

David Grant

null

stephanie23
Associate II
Posted on April 15, 2003 at 12:24

I tested it (for the 264) and it works perfectly! but not with SCI. Try the ST code provided in the AN as it is to be sure there is no pb with your device, then read your code: maybe the problem comes from your SCI part....Post here your software!

davidchien9
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2003 at 07:07

Please feel free to review my code here:

davidchien9
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2003 at 07:52

Trying again. This time with attachments...