floydlee
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2003 at 06:48

Using USB Sandisk Reader on the Atlas

2 REPLIES 2
floydlee
Associate II
Posted on March 10, 2003 at 11:37

Has anyone had success using USB on the Atlas under Linux ? We are using the 2.4.18 kernel and trying the different kernel drivers. It looks lke the USB OHCI driver should work. We should be able to build the appropriate drivers into the kernel to handle this. The kernel in this case is put on a compact flash card along with a minimal linux pacakge. Our target boots and runs from the card.

We are attempting to use the Compact Flash SanDisk reader on our Atlas based controller.

On our Redhat 7.2 (Dell) development system with the Sandisk Reader attached I can enter the following:

# load usb support modules

insmod usbcore

insmod uhci

modprobe usb-storage

# load scsi support modules

insmod sg

insmod ide-scsi

insmod cdrom

insmod sr_mod

insmod sd_mod

Loading the above adds usb and scsi support. After the above is loaded you can then mount the compact flash card with a command like this:

mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /mntpoint

Putting the appropriate drivers into the kernel (on our custom compact flash card) and attempting the mount command fails on ''mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device''.

Using a hard drive on ST's Atlas Eval board with a full redhat 7.2 install and doing the above appears to almost work. Doing the mount gives an error indicating that it could not see the media.

I'm mostly interested in confirmation that this should work and that some other issue that I may be missing isn't causing problems.

[ This message was edited by: Floyd on 10-03-2003 22:09 ]
roger2399
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2003 at 06:48

Have you now succeeded?

(I wonder if you only missed scsi_mod)

Anyway we have tried this ourselves with 2.4.20 on an Atlas

(reference design + more serial ports...)

modprobe usb-ohci (loads usbcore and usb-ohci)

Connecting the USB storage device (like a Creative MuVo 64MB)

gives the error:

usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)

Our STPC Atlas is marked:

STPC12HEYC

Q2YN*S713DAC

JP2AC0228

J206DKR

KOREA

If it works for you can you please send me your

/proc/iomem

after loading ohci.