Posted on February 14, 2005 at 06:49

STVD7 3.1.1 Bugs...?

3 REPLIES 3
xaela
Associate II
Posted on February 12, 2005 at 07:11

Hi guyz... I got a lot of problems with STVD7 3.1.1

1) 'Goto Bookmark' key ( F4 ) not working

2 ) Many crashes or hangs of the PC and sometimes reconfiguration of Emulator Clock ( EMU 3 ) spontaneously on the same project...

3) CRASHES ALWAYS if Output window got a lot of messages ( every time I make a Rebuild All for example )

4) Clicking on the output window on an Error message DOES NOT Jump to the error line, u have to search for it manually !!!

Using Windows Me with Metrowerks CCompiler

Know that :

I have to use MetroWerks coz some STM clients are using it ( I am an official STM Consultant )

with all previous releases of STVD7 ( till 2.5.3 ) I got no any problem on the same machine, with both EMU3 and EMU2 platforms...

plz...

Let me know any solution or suggestions...

tnx

bye

Alex

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on February 14, 2005 at 05:53

The F4 problem is wrongly described in the STVD7 3.1.1 releasenotes v2.

â—� When the Output window is active, pressing the F4 function key takes the user sequentially through any error messages that have occurred. This has broken the other function of F4 that was in an editor window to take the user sequentially through any bookmarks that are set.

However the function is working when accessed through its icon or menu.

As for the crash you experienced, could you post tcomplete workspace with the sources in order to try to reproduce the issue ?

Best regards,

Alain

xaela
Associate II
Posted on February 14, 2005 at 06:49

Quote:

On 14-02-2005 at 10:23, Alaini wrote:

The F4 problem is wrongly described in the STVD7 3.1.1 releasenotes v2.

â—� When the Output window is active, pressing the F4 function key takes the user sequentially through any error messages that have occurred. This has broken the other function of F4 that was in an editor window to take the user sequentially through any bookmarks that are set.

Tnx Alaini...

Already read such pages... and tryed of course....

but it seems NOT To Work that way for me...

if I go in Output Window, select ( or not )an error message, double click on it or call the window menu and select 'goto error/tag' nothing changes in any page, I have NOT a jump to the error, neither the opening of the source file with the error... If I select the Edit window and press F4, I have NOT a jump to the next bookmark, while it seems to works with icons... F4 seems to work ONLY in output window, but seems not able to find errors, jumps to other lines, may be a text formatting of the Ouptut...? ( I tryed Verbose and Microsoft format )...

For posting the workspace... I can not post on a public forum coz I should need authorization of the Customers and from STM too ( some sources are STM propietary )... if U can send me a link or e-Mail I will send it, an STM propietary application which generates such crashes during a 'Rebuild all' command...