Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2005 at 06:41

DataBlaze, ST7FLITE29 & Indart

2 REPLIES 2
brian4
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2005 at 14:25

Hi

I have produced some S/W and I am using the Datablaze S/W with an Indat STX to programme my ST7FLITE29.

If I use the devlopement S/W to programme the device then all is well but if I use the DataBlaze then the S/W will not run although the device verifies OK.

Is there any know issues with Datablaze and the ST7FLITE.

I have used it before with other ST7 devices with no problems

Regards, Brian

kalun218
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2005 at 06:41

Hi BrianM,

What is your clock source for your device? The problem probably comes from the configuration of option bytes in DataBlaze programmer. Please check it carefully(such as oscillator range selection, PLL).

If so, maybe you can select '' Ignore option bytes'' in ''Operations-->Communcation settings'' in DataBlaze Programmer. This option allows you to recover the previous inappropriate option bytes setting for temporarily used. Later on, you can erase the chips by clicking the ''Erase'' Icon (make sure that you have selected ''erase option''.

Then, you need to configure the option bytes by clicking the ''Option Bytes'' icon to select the appropriate setting for your device. Now, you can click the ''Program'' icon and make sure that only the ''Program Options'' is being selected. Then click ''Start''. This process will programmed the NEW option byte settings into your device. At last, you need to select ''Use Option Bytes'' in ''Operations-->Communcation settings'' for the device to take into account the option bytes configuration.

Hope this solution can help you solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Ka Lun