Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2006 at 00:56

Idea of measuring RMS voltage and current using MCU ADC

4 REPLIES 4
mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on December 17, 2005 at 02:25

Dear sir,

I have a project which needs to measure Supply Voltage and Current.I want to measure them using only MCu adc (ST7 with 10 bit ADC and 6 analog i/p channel).Could anybody help me ??I want a tested circuit and also want the idea/steps to develope this firmware to measure voltage and current rms value.I believe supply input voltage is always RMS if it is not mentioned.so i don't have to take voltage sample ,square ,take average and take root of it.Or do I??Pls correct me if i am wrong.

pls note the max voltage and current for the system to measure are 260 V and 30 A respectively.And I know how to configure the adc for this particular MCU

Thanks,

arup

laurent239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on December 23, 2005 at 06:44

Hi,

There will be soon an Application Note on this subject published on our web site.

Best regards

Laurent

mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on December 23, 2005 at 08:03

thanks for the info.what is expected time...could it be possible for you to tell about that.

regds,

arup

mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2006 at 00:56

''Hi,

There will be soon an Application Note on this subject published on our web site.

Best regards

Laurent ''

Dear Mr Laurent,

Could you be able to give exact time frame ,atleast approximately, for this particular App Note to be available on this website.

Thanks,

Arup