Associate II
Posted on March 18, 2005 at 01:33

Problem Application using FLITE09

6 REPLIES 6
mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2005 at 08:33

hello sir,

I am working on an application using ST7FLITE09.My code size is 91% of ROM size.

I have a delay routine in main program.

delay1:

ld A,#1 ;00

ld delay_cnt,A ;this var is defined ''constant.asm''

K ld X,#02 ;00

J dec X

jrne J

dec delay_cnt

jrne K

ret

my program is in assembly.my code like that:

.start: rsp

Port init

User register Init

Read eeprom

main:

chk flag

if true then update data1

display data1

call delay1

jp main

Now when i debug the program thro indart-st72f264 debugger and step into delay1 routine,after executing 2/3 lines of code,the program goes to reset routine unexpectedly.

In the delay routine i noticed A & X register is not getting the exact value what it should be getting.what could be the rason of unexpected reset

Can anybody help me out?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arup

fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2005 at 09:24

Is the watchdog enabled?

Regards,

EtaPhi

mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2005 at 01:09

No,watchdog is disabled thro softare.

previously i have used the same program ,code size was 80%(approx).it was ok.But i don't think code size would be a problem.At present size is 91% and i just add two more display routine.nothing else.But i am facing the above problem.

thanks,

Arup

fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2005 at 03:57

Arup,

please check the .map and .lst files that the assembler creates.

While debugging, the INDART tool injects in your code some bytes to manage breakpoints and the other debugging info.

The size of this injected code depends on the micro.

For the ST7FLITE29, which have an hardware debug unit, this size is 80 bytes.

Regards,

EtaPhi

mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2005 at 06:50

sir,

As u said in flite09 my code is upto 0xFF6B.so perhaps(i don't know how much's the monitor code in flite09) it collides with monitor code.so it's reasonable that i can't dubug this program with indart.can I?if yes then what way i can modify?

And one more question is ''if i program the device with Datablaze & allow this application to run standalone'' then will the monitor code will create problem?i believe monitor code will not come into my rom code after i program the IC.But i have noticed after programming the IC my application is not running properly.

Pls suggest me in this regard.

Thanks,

Arup

mailtoarup
Associate II
Posted on March 18, 2005 at 01:33

hello,

Thanks forum for ur help.

I have got the problem & rectified accordingly.Yes due to monitor code,I was not able to debug the program properly using Indart tool.And I said in stanalone mode also it was not working.The reason was ,I haven't kept sufficient delay between START bit & STOP bit in my two consecutive i2c routine.

Best Regards....................

Arup