kcl
Associate II
Posted on July 22, 2005 at 05:59

BLDC motor control in sensor mode

5 REPLIES 5
kcl
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:16

Can anyone help me find some kind of info/app.notes on how to control a BLDC motor with the ST72141K2 in sensor mode (Hall sensors) everyone talks about the MCU beeing able to handle this, but no one seems to tell how...! I have the Kanda Kit ST7MTC2, I got the motor running with a load, but it doesn't have any torque....Any ideas??

kcl
Associate II

Thanks, I gathered that it had to do with the current being too small...!

But I don't think the AN1321 is very explanatory, do you know of some document describing the sensor mode feature better..?

About the delay coefficient... I read somewhere that it had to be 0/32 because of the sensor mode. It tells the exact rotor position at all times..! What do you think?
maxime2399
Associate II

The application note 1321 explain how to drive the motor in sensor mode. You will need to do some modifications in the code and on the board.

http://www.stmcu.com/devicedocs-ST72141K2-15.html

Regarding the low torque, you have either a current that is to low or a phase shift not appropriate.

If you current is too low: increase it.

if your phase shift is not appropriate change your delay coefficient.
maxime2399
Associate II

I think you are right, in sensor mode the delay coefficient need to be 0/32.

The AN1321 is the only one I know on the subject. It need to be read together with the code generated by the Kanda kit software: the kanda kit contains the code for sensorless.
luter
Associate II

hello. i am starting with sensor control and realized a lack of documentation. if u already have someting, could u share it? Tnx.