avi2399
Associate
Posted on May 08, 2003 at 09:38

st7 speed problem

5 REPLIES 5
avi2399
Associate
Posted on May 01, 2003 at 09:54

I have a problem working with INDART DEMO BOARD for st7. Program works very slow a command takes a few Msec instead of micro second.

I set the system as follow:

1.I put the OSC jumper on ''ICP''

2.Set the MCU configuration as follow:

2.1 ICC entry we use both ignore and use option byte.

2.2 Option byte:

2.2.1 Package selection (bit1)we put 0 .What is the meaning of this parameter???

2.2.2 Clock security system we tried both enable and disable and it din not help.

2.2.3 PLL disabled.

2.2.4 MP 2-4MHz

2.2.5 Oscillator type external source.

2.2.6 Package selection (bit 15) 1 . What is the meaning of this parameter???

Thanks for your help
shreya
Associate II
Posted on May 03, 2003 at 07:46

Hello,

One suggestion : Go to ''Output'' window. Click on ''Console'' tab. Get the contextual menu(right click on mouse) and ensure that the option ''Verbose'' is NOT ticked.

If this does not help, could you tell me which device you are working on? (I assume you are using the inDART STX kit?)
asherman
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2003 at 09:29

The customer is working with the ST7F521-IND/USB

Shermantec
ppoletto
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2003 at 13:21

Hi,

If you are using the ST72F521 device(this device is based on HDFLASH technology and it doesn't feature an on-chip debug module), read the limitations on the User'Manual Addendum (PDF format).

In particular pay attention of this note:

Real-time execution only occurs when no breakpoints are set. However, you can set “low-level� breakpoints (and still get real-time execution) by putting the TRAP instruction in your source code. When a TRAP instruction is executed, the program stops just as if a breakpoint was set. The advantage of using this technique is that you can have as many TRAP instructions (and therefore set as many “low-level� breakpoints) and still the program will be executed in real-time. However, every time you insert/remove a TRAP instruction you need to recompile your program.''

Regards,

--Piero
shreya
Associate II
Posted on May 08, 2003 at 09:38

After Piero's answer, I have nothing to add.I'm curious to know what happened....any improvement?