Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2003 at 11:12

Flash programming lock processor

5 REPLIES 5
per1
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2003 at 07:30

Hi I use indart 334 kit from Softec.

Several times the processor lost communication during flash programming and I cant get in contact with the processor any more!

I'm sure the clock and reset is correct set.

Any one know what cause this and if there is anything to do to wake micro again?

I have had to replace the processor several times and it is realy anoying.

shreya
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2003 at 08:33

I do not understand ''..replace the processor..''. Do you mean the chip is damaged after that?

Is communication lost after partial programming? What do you do with application board Reset pin?

per1
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2003 at 09:52

Yes, the flash program indicate lost communication very early in programing phase. After that its inpossible to communicate with the processor and also no program is running in processor. So we think something in the initial programing phase goes wrong and lock the processor.

simonharrison9
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2003 at 09:16

Hi,

If the option byte is corrupted, the device may change oscillator mode to external - you will not be able to communicate to the device without an external clock source.

To correct this, apply a clock signal up to 16MHz to the oscin pin of the 'C334 and try to re-program it.

Are you using any external reset circuit or device on the 'C334 reset pin?

Also, do you use the ISP communication lines in your application?

regards,

Simon

Anglia

per1
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2003 at 11:12

Hi,

I have seen the problem with resonator, but we use external oscillator in this case.

We have no external reset function.

ISP pin is reserwed for flash.

More bright ideas?

Regards

Per