irawan1
Associate II
Posted on April 09, 2004 at 11:12

Emulator for uPSD32xx

4 REPLIES 4
irawan1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:53

Anybody have tried $250 China Emulator (Manley) that support uPSD32xx (as stated in page 14 of ptps0301.pdf )? I have tried to contact the sales people for several times without any respon.

dclx2000
Associate

I use uPSD3234A now, it is very troublesome with JTAG programming . I think it is the best method to debug with JTAG like cygnal 51 series!

the Jtag interface is not only used to download but also to debug. maybe it will be expensive a little, but it can give a very cheap method to use uPSD. another method is to add hardware breakpoint in uPSD like TI msc1210 51 series, we can use ISD51( provided by KEIL C51 tools).

I hope uPSD series will has those features in the future!

irawan1
Associate II

Hi dclx,

What do you mean with ''troublesome with JTAG programming''?, i am on the process to buy DK-3200, i need more input about uPSD32xx CPU, could you pls share your development experience with me?

Yes, Cygnal support JTAG debugging but the chip price is higher than uPSD. I am also looking for Manley emulator that supports uPSD32xx, what kind of emulator are you using with uPSD?
igorl
Associate II

Hi,

Emulator is OK. My customer used it with me and there were no problems, except... page register. The emulator cannot emulate it correctly when it is used as GP internal register, and not for paging.

It is the only BUG...

Good luck