bonollo
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2005 at 04:56

RC 1% internal oscillator of ST7LITE10

3 REPLIES 3
bonollo
Associate II
Posted on June 22, 2005 at 08:01

Good morning!!, i use an ST7 lite 10 family microcontroller the second step of the good ST7 lite 05... but in the datasheet is write that only the lite 15 and 19 have the RC 1% internal oscillator!!!!, the my circuit work propriety with ST7 lite 10 and RC internal oscillator (With option byte RC enable and PLLX8)

HOW IS POSSIBLE??? the ST have implemented the internal oscillator of all the ST7 lite 1 family buto not write on datasheet??

thank you best regards

alok2
Associate II
Posted on June 23, 2005 at 11:25

As per my experience when things are not mentioned in datasheet, there is a reason behind it else marketing guys will not allow so !!!. so for you if it works, you have to take the risk.

;-))

fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2005 at 04:56

Bonollo,

the datasheet is a contract between the producer and the user of a device.

Sometimes the producer chooses to ship a better device, since there are economic reasons. For instance, your ST7FLITE10 may be a ST7FLITE15 that may not be sold as it does not meets the electrical and functional specification of his datasheet.

For this reason it is not true that *every* ST7FLITE10 has a working 1% RC oscillator.

If you plan to sell thousands of products that are based on this micro, this detail counts, otherwise be happy and have fun!

EtaPhi