fredyu
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2003 at 07:44

bootloader pcmcia on atlas

4 REPLIES 4
fredyu
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2003 at 06:48

I am using linux bootloader for stpc atlas. If I have a pccard plugged in(my case is a wireless lan card). The kernel will not start. If I unplug it, linux kernel will start and then I plug in after start. The board will restart.

Does anyone has met something similar to this?
thierry239955_st
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2003 at 07:39

Its look like your board is configured in ISA mode. PCMCIA and ISA are multiplexed in atlas product and you need to switch your evaluation board in PCMCIA mode before to insert a card.

There is two jumpers to unplug: J501 between ISA and PCI slots and J509 close to one of the SDRAM chip. The two jumpers have a 'ISA/PCMCIA' label.

Farfalla

fredyu
Associate II
Posted on May 07, 2003 at 05:21

Thank you for your reply. I had noticed that and according to the manual, there are 3 jumper I need to pull out and I did so. I think it has something to do with the bios. With General system bios that comes with the board, I can have the pccard plugged in and boot up without problem and after it is booted up, hot plugging the pccard will restart the system.

However with the boot loader I can't even plug in pccard before I boot.

Please help
thierry239955_st
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2003 at 07:44

At which level of the loader does the system hang? Do you get any postcode or any serial port message?

Other point: is it linked to this specific PCMCIA card or does the system hang also with another card?

Farfalla