jgil
Associate II
Posted on May 19, 2003 at 20:13

doubt in port configuration

4 REPLIES 4
jgil
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:54

Is there a solution to use P0(7-0) and P2(3-0) as a general purpose port? and the JTAG pin? PSDexpress don't gave me to change the function of this pins (Data/Address line and Dedicated JTAG ).

Maybe it's a silly question but I don't have any experience with the µPSD so far.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Regards,

Jokin

poo
Associate II

If you use version 7.6 or earlier of PSD Seoftexpress you can reallocate the JTAG pins on the device. This functionality has been disabled in leter version of PSD softecpress as it seems to be very easy to 'lock' the uPSD devices if you are not REALLY careful with your software when you reallocate JTAG pins. Is it essential fo you to have these pins available for other purposes?

jgil
Associate II

Thanks for the reply

The system what I'm designing is a system with a lot of input/output. I'm trying to fit all in the PSD. And about P0 and P2 can you tell me something?

Best regards,

Jokin

joseph2399
Associate II

P0 and P2 are dedicated to connect only to the Flash PSD die. Since the core is set up for external memory reference only, these ports are NOT available for general I/O ports and are NOT brought out of the MCM device.