Posted on July 28, 2009 at 00:58

STM32 and focgui

#stm32
7 REPLIES 7
stello
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:15

Hello ihsguru,

the library can manage those R and L values but the present GUI don't so we need to release a new version of the GUI and it would take time...

Maybe I can help you if you give me some more info:

Is it for a sensor-less control?

Could you send me your .fhg file (try to fix as most variables as possible e.g. the PWM frequency)?

As for the current reading, you may need to use different shunt resistors accordingly with the motor nominal current, what is it?

Regards,

Billino

jgil
Associate II

Hi, I'm trying to implement a BLDC controler (motor library 2.0) .

I use a 3-shunt-topology.

The LQ inductance of the motor is ~600mH and the resistance is 200 ohms.

I want to use a STM32F103 for a sinusoidal control in three shunt topology.

But the FOCGUI LQ limit is 500mH and the R is 150 ohms. It's possible to change this limitation? Can the motor library handle a motor with these parameters?.

Is it necessary to increase the resistance of sense and the amplification?

The current at minimal torque is 30mA

Best regards.

jgil
Associate II

Hello.

Thanks

Yes, it's a sensor-less control. I send the .fhg file.

In order to obtain that the motor starting we have put the'' torque and FLUX control rate'' to '' 3 pwm period''. Furthermore, we have edited manually '' computed gains'' and PID parameters .

Our system has a load in the starting and at the end of a working cycle this load disappears abruptly, entering a zone of random loading. Serious similar to drain a swimming pool with a pump. Then the system leaves regulation and gives error.

Best regards.

stello
Associate II

Hello ihsguru,

Actually, the stator resistance R and the inductance L are used as input for both the observer and the flux/torque regulator. I saw you've modified all the parameters automatically generated so changing the resistance and inductance value will only introduce benefits in the b-emf observer. To do so, manually edit file MC_PMSM_motor_param.h (lines 30 and 31) with the correct value for R and L, thas'it.

Nevertheless, I saw you did many settings which I did not use very often... For instance -normally- flux/torque regulator PIs do not need to be tuned, moreover, unless your current reading system is noisy, you can increase the bandwidth up to 2000/3000 rad/s.

For futher suggestions I should know more of your application (Vbus, availability of sensors,...)

Regards,

Billino

jacky2
Associate

Where find PMSM motor control software libraries release 2.0 to download?

who can send it to me?

My E-mail:

mailto:jacky@hanford.hk

Thanks

reman130488
Associate II

hay jacky..

for library v.2 you can download at st site..

maybe all you can help me to download FOC GUI v.1.where i can find this software?

china_jiagege
Associate

mailto:jagege@hotmail.com

Thank you