cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to realize the rotor blocked in BLDC motor controlled with ST72141 sensorless

info51
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2004 at 11:51

how to realize the rotor blocked in BLDC motor controlled with ST72141 sensorless

3 REPLIES 3
info51
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:17

In my BLDC motor driver controlled with ST72141 sensorless, i need to realize when the rotor is blocked for some mechanic problem and then switch off the power igbt and unsupplied the motor winding.

Now i'am using a timer overflow counter refreshed during each D event, so when i would loose many D events i'll get the interrupt and then the power switch stop and one emergency infinite loop .

Sometime I get some unwished exit to this emergency infinite loop, so i' am searching for a new way to get the motor stop status from some 72141 motor control register .

Could somebody help me?

thank you

gaetano
Associate II

Hi,

a way could be the following:

the motor speed information is given by using the values coming from the Ratio value and the MTIM register content.

Once you have fixed the minimum motor speed achievable from your system, this means to set even a maximum value for the Ratio and MTIM.

If a mechanical rotor blocked event occurs, the MTIM overflows and the ratio is incremented, together with a generation of an R+ interrupt generation.

When the motor is at regime, and the R value exceeds the one corresponding to the minimum speed, you can decide to enter into an emergency situation.

With my best regards,

Tanio

P.S. Are you Claudio that posted this message?

info51
Associate II

hi, Tanio

yes i'am Claudio, i forgot the sign on my previous mail,

thank for help and for the fast answer, i'll try to work on it.

Claudio