Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2005 at 04:28

Problem with erasing sectors

4 REPLIES 4
markbng
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2005 at 10:52

Hello,

I am working on a bootloader for the ST72F651. This device has 3 sectors (sector 0 for the bootloader and sector1/sector2 for the firmware. I want to erase sector 1 and sector 2. Sector 2 is perfectly erased if I erase sector 1 and than sector 2. Sector 1 is perfectly erased if I erase sector 2 and than sector 1. The first sector that gets erased is being filled with 0x00 at locations where the bytes were programmed. How can correctly erase the first sector that I want to erase? I think that the erase cycle is not completed. What can I do to fully erase sector 1 & 2?

Kind regards,

Mark

markbng
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2005 at 11:21

Hello,

I solved the problem. I called the RASS disable procedure each time from within the sector erase procedure. Everything works fine if you only use the RASS disable only once (outside the sector erase procedure). I want to make sure that RASS is disabled and thought it wouldn't be a problem to call the procedure more than once, but this seems not to be the case.

Regards,

Mark

alok2
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2005 at 02:43

Calling multiple times shall not create a problem.

Is that the only difference between not working code and working code ?

venkateswara
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2005 at 04:28

Calling the RASS_Disable again should not be the root cause of the problem. Can you try with Freq parameter set to Fcpu and also with a new device?