Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2008 at 10:42

Question on STR910 startup

4 REPLIES 4
jilisegiar
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:51

hi,

for IAR and keil it's done automatically when calling B main.

For Raisonance it's done in the startup file before B main.

Rgds

la
Associate II

Hi, I have something confused on startup procedure of STR910. I think the program should copy or remap the data segment of image into SRAM location in startup, but I can't find any related part of program in demo. I don't understand how the data segment could be located into SRAM without manual program. Who can explain it to me ?

Thank you

Best wishes

Lalune

ibtissem
Associate II

Hello,

For IAR it's done by the B ?main, the ''?'' is responsible of copying or remaping the initialized data segment of image into SRAM location.

Same thing is done by __main for ARM compiler/assembler.

For Tasking compiler for example, this is done explecitely in the startup souce file.

Hopefully this clarifies.

Regards,

Ibtissem.

la
Associate II

Hi, thank you both for answers. Today I trace startup and found something interesting. In startup, when ''B ?main'' is done, it jumps to a special initializa segment but not main() fuction; Data segments are copied into SRAM here. This special initializa segment is insert by xlink automatical if you set the xcl file with parameter -Q. That means xlink add some assembler codes into your image for SRAM remap when link your obj. That's why I can't found remap codes in startup.

Best wishes

lalune