robertmerkl9
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2008 at 19:45

Problem with ST10F272Z2

2 REPLIES 2
robertmerkl9
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2008 at 06:40

I have problems flashing my ST10F272Z2 device. The ST10Flasher Tool (Version 2.3C/DLL-version 2.4B; newest version from ST-website; running under Windows Vista) always shows the following error message if i want to connect by clicking Reload Monitor button:

*LOAD MONITOR-->ERROR

Description: InitMonitor failed.

Monitor: BSL: No aknowledge Received.

Reset your application and reload the monitor.

Com: Receive: Timeout or Lost of data

I want to flash by a rs232 connection (RxD0/TxD0). My schematic is designed similar to the basic schematic in the application note AN2168. I use a 8MHz crystal on XTAL1/2 with two 22pF capacitors connected to ground and a 32kHz crystal with two 12pF capacitors on XTAL3/4. Measures on the XTAL1 und XTAL2 pins show that the 8MHz Oscillator doesn't swing. The 32kHz swings.

So what can be the reason that the oscillator doesn't work? There is only a constant voltage of about 700mV on pin XTAL1. On XTAL2 there is ground. I have tried to change the capacitor values (12pF/47pF/without c), i tried it with and without a parallel 1MOhm-resistor - without success. The reset-signal comes from a MAX809-reset-circuit. The RPD-pin has a 470k pullup and a 1uF capacitor to ground.

The CLKCFG (P0H.5 .. P0H.7) is 111 (default config without pulldowns; f_XTAL x 4). SALSEL = 00 (4bit segment address lines), CSSEL = 11 (5 CS; without pulldowns), WRC = 1.

The pin P0L.4 is grounded during reset.

Do i actually need a pullup on pin P0L.5 too? I tried it once time with a pullup and once again without the pullup.

I hope somebody can help me solving this problem.

[ This message was edited by: robert.merkl on 24-04-2008 11:08 ]

robertmerkl9
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2008 at 19:45

I have now solved parts of the described problem. I'm now able to enter the bootstrap loader and to connect to the board with ST10Flasher. ST10Flasher shows the correct type of the controller, but if I want to flash the device an error occurs. The connection is too unstable (deviation too high) because there is no oscillation on pin XTAL1 and XTAL2. On the one side (XTAL2) of the external quartz there is ground level on the other side (XTAL1) I measured about 750mV without any oscillation.

Can somebody tell me why the quartz doesn't oscillate? Are there any other settings besides the CLKCFG configuration on port P0 (after reset)?

If CLKCFG=111 the external oscillator is activated, isn't it?