juraj
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2008 at 09:52

Number of BKP_DRx registers

3 REPLIES 3
juraj
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:35

In Reference Manual rev. 4, there is staying that any STM32 MCU has 42*2 Bytes of backup registers.

In Reference Manual rev. 3 and before, there is staying that any STM32 MCU has 10*2 Bytes of backup registers.

____

Can be this considered that 42*2 Bytes apply for all STM32 MCUs?

lanchon
Associate II

I hardly think so. apparently the style of the ref manual is to describe mostly the biggest hardware, you have to refer to the datasheet for the rest.

I don't like this, I'd much prefer something like ''there is a variable number of backup registers, refer to the datasheet for details''. that way you could make the sane assumption that an affirmation in the ref manual is valid for the complete family (which apparently is not the case).

juraj
Associate II

The problem is, that new reference manual includes in the beginning on every chapter this:

Quote:

Medium-density devices are STM32F101xx and STM32F103xx microcontrollers where the Flash memory density ranges between 32 and 128 Kbytes.

High-density devices are STM32F101xx and STM32F103xx microcontrollers where the Flash memory density ranges between 256 and 512 Kbytes.

It seems like they make differences between new models and the old ones. But, after this remark, this is written:

Quote:

This Section applies to the whole STM32F10xxx family, unless otherwise specified.

This even implies to everybody, that all following in the chapter applies to the whole STM32F10xxx family.