clanuchnik
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 15:45

Programmer API

6 REPLIES 6
clanuchnik
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2003 at 08:01

I own a ST7-MDT-00-EPB2 and I need to modify the supplied user interface to program quite large quantities of the ST7LITE05 MCU.

Simple operators will do the job, placing a device into its socket and then pressing a single button will trigger the programming without any possibility from the operator to change any parameters or code of what they are programming.

My question are:

Is there any possibility to access the API set of the programmer software in order me to create my own interface.

Is this API set available and well documented?

I need only de programmer hardware and the low level PC software, I'll do the rest as far as the API is available.

Third party programmer manufacturers are welcome also

Claudio

peter_hobden
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2003 at 20:49

I've written a keystroke program to control the ST7-MDT-00-EPB2 software and afterwards I read the log files.

I would recommend using Spen's flashbash as he provides the software source code which could be modified
clanuchnik
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 03:29

thanks for you help

ppoletto
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 08:10

If uou need to program a large quantity of ST7 devices, you can use the SofTec Microsystems MP8011A Gang Programmer. It can program up to 8 devices at time. More info at www.softecmicro.com

--Piero
clanuchnik
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 08:36

Ciao Piero

Does your programmer support serialization?

ppoletto
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 15:45

Hello,

The MP8011A (gang programmer) doesn't support the serialization.

The serialization is available on SofTec Microsystems inDART-ST7 series only (ISP programmer/debugger for ST7).

Ciao,

--Piero