Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2003 at 05:49

BSP für WinCE.net

6 REPLIES 6
dirkleder
Associate II
Posted on June 05, 2003 at 08:36

Hallo

Hat schon mal jemand auf einem STPC Atlas WinCE.net zum laufen gekriegt.

Ich habe das WinCE.net BSP aus dem Downloadbereich heruntergeladen und es lässt sich nicht installieren.

Kann mir jemand sagen wie und wo ich ein fungtionierendes BSP for STPC Atlas WinCE.net herbekomme?
thierry239955_st
Associate II
Posted on June 06, 2003 at 12:57

WinCE BSP are not portable accross the different versions. You must use the version corresponding to your Platform Builder.

BSP for STPC are available for v4.0 and v4.1 but not for v4.2 yet.

Farfalla

(Sorry, I'm not able to answer in German...)

chris_s
Associate II
Posted on June 18, 2003 at 06:57

I?m using the Consumer II and there the normal CEPC BSP does the job fine. But there is a problem... to boot the nk.bin directly from bios you have to set the resolution for the graphic and that don't work in Microsoft?s Driver ddi_flat. Because it makes no sense to boot an embedded system with LOADCEPC I used the STPC driver (included in the WinCE410 BSP). But now I need the 4.2 one...

I asked thru the Feedback last Friday, but I got no response untill now. It seems that ST is not really interested in giving support...

Anyway... does someone know a way to move the Graphic Driver in WinCE420? I have a guide, but for the 3.0 STPC Graphic Driver and it don?t work out with that document.

Would be nice if someone could give a hint. Thank you!

stephen239955_st
Associate II
Posted on June 20, 2003 at 11:07

The BSP for WinCE 4.2 is now available on the web site. You ned to look under the Software- Drivers section.

chris_s
Associate II
Posted on June 23, 2003 at 14:54

Thank you Stephen!

I tried out the BSP for Win CE .NET 420. No problem to install and to build the platform. I made an example with the loadcepc-boot and with a fixed setting. It worked well on the target. There was just on thing to worry about. Every build gave the message:

0 error 20 warnings

after the line:

BUILD: Linking c:\wince420\platform\stpc\drivers\display\stpc directory

When I build an example with the cepc- BSP, there is no error and no warning. What's the reason for the warnings? Is it just a notice from Microsoft that a not Microsoft graphic driver is used? Does someone have an explanation?

Thank you in advanced.

Chris

thierry239955_st
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2003 at 05:49

Chris,

The gdk.pdb file which is associate with the gdk.lib library is missing. This file contain debug informations. The Platform Builder advise you there are no debug informations for all files included in the lib (one warning per file).

In practice, it means you will have less possibilities of debugging for this part. If you would like to generate the gdk.pdb file, you can re-compile the gdk.lib uses the source code from the STPC Development Kit.

This explain 19 of the warnings. The last one: ''.CRT section exists...'', I don't know...

Farfalla