Associate II
Posted on March 26, 2004 at 14:06

Problems with programming the uPSD3354D

4 REPLIES 4
ank
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:59

Hello,

I have following problem: Because of a redesign I changed from the uPSD3334DV to a uPSD3354D board. With the old board everything was ok. Now, when I try to program the new uPSD with the PSDsoftExpress (Version 8.02) the following error occurred:

Verifying Flash Sector 0.... Fail verification at location 0x0 : Data FF, Expect 02, Program operation unsuccessful.

Does anybody had this problem too or does anybody know a solution for this problem.

Best regards

ankist

johnknab9
Associate II

I haven't heard of that problem before. How many boards or chips (if the board is socketed) have you tried? Do you have the problem with all boards/chips? If the board is socketed, and you put the uPSD3334 back in, can you program it successfully? Have you tried the Flashlink Connect test to verify the connection to the board is good?

ank
Associate II

Hello Support team,

I have two new boards with the 3354D(3.3V & 5V) chip and two old boards with the 3334DV(3,3V) chip. I only have the problem with the new boards. The new boards and old boards are indentical.

The chips aren´t socketed so I can´t try to change them on the same board. I did the connection test and it was everything ok.

May it cause problems that the new chip (3354D) is configured for 3,3V & 5V but I drive the board with 3,3V only?

I have no problem to program and verify the PLD´s. Only when I try to program and verify the Flash the error message occurs.

May it helps:The PSDExpress Software is able to detect the right ID code of the Chips.

[ Diese Nachricht wurde editiert von : ankist on 26-03-2004 14:19 ]
johnknab9
Associate II

The uPSD3354D (3.3 & 5V version) does require the 5V supply in addition to the 3.3V supply for proper operation of device. You definitely need the 5V supply for the flash to program successfully.