chris_baragnon
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2003 at 14:01

HELP ! Cable power off

8 REPLIES 8
chris_baragnon
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:55

I'm trying to send my program to the evaluation board DK3200 via Jtag Port but it' doesn't work.

when I test the JTAG : loop test : OK

connect test : failed

I had once this message : device is secured but I never protected the µPSD.

somebody can help me, please.

Totof.
joseph2399
Associate II

When the Connect Test failed, it should generate a log file, connect.log, and a txt file, connect.txt, in the PSDsoft Express temp directory. Can you please send these files to me for analysis? Also which version of PSDsoft Express are you using? Are the JTAG pins PC0, PC1, PC5 and PC6 dedicated for JTAG use only, or are you using them in multiplex mode? Also have you tried to send an ''erase'' cmd and see if it works?

chris_baragnon
Associate II

hi,

I link in attachement the connect.txt and connect.log files. My PSDSoft Express version is Version 7.91.

The 6 Jtag pins PC0, PC1,... are only dedicated to the Jtag Port.

The erase and anything else do the same thing and the same error :

JTAG-ISP Operations : The Part is incorrect (Instruction Register)

Thanks for your help!

totof.

joseph2399
Associate II

The Connect.txt you sent says the ''Power is off''. When the power is applied to your board, do you see the clock input to the uPSD oscillating? If your hardware checks out O.K. and you still can not talk to your DK3200 board, you can zip up your PSDsoft project folder and send it to

mailto:apps.psd@st.com

so that I can take a look at it.
chris_baragnon
Associate II

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried you said and I have a 36 MHz clock on XTAL 1, and i have the same error message ''Cable power off''

totof

chris_baragnon
Associate II

Hello,

Indeed, Vcc = 3V !!!

The LT1962 (U5) is burned !! Vin(pin

=12V Vout(pin1) = 3V !!

I have changed the LT1962 regulator so VCC_1 is 5V now and the JTAG Port works, the code is transmitted !! but the uPSD don't works correctly !! I'm disapointed because I can't follow my work, I can't drive the mcu port correctly and so on.

Totof

joseph2399
Associate II

Check Vcc input to uPSD and make sure it is within the operating range. If Vcc is O.K., check if the /Reset to uPSD is functional.

joseph2399
Associate II

It looks like the defective voltage regulator also took the uPSD on your board. We will send you a new DK3200 board. Please send back the old one after you received the new board.