Associate II
Posted on October 09, 2003 at 10:33

STPC Vega Ethernet controller

6 REPLIES 6
emmanuel2
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 13:36

Hi.

I have an STPC Vega evaluation board that apparently comes bundled with an integrated ethernet controller.

Does anyone know how I can use this controller? Where can I find drivers for it? Is it compatible with anything known? NE2000?

I can't find a single document explaining this, or maybe I'm searching in the wrong places?

In advance, thanks.

stephen239955_st
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 13:51

The ethernet controller for the STPC Vega as you state does require a specific driver. At the moment, this driver has not been tested and is not comercially available. As soon as the driver becomes available it will be published derictly on this web site.

If you need to carry out a demo based on the Vega, you can use the STE10/100 on PCI in the meantime. It will achieve the same results.
emmanuel2
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2003 at 14:01

Thanks for the quick answer.

Is there currently some kind of schedule for these drivers?

For which OS will the drivers be available?

Are specs available? Could we eventually develop our own drivers? (we're currently using an OS called VCI/ETS).

Thanks.
marios
Associate II
Posted on July 16, 2003 at 20:07

Excellent question! I am considering the Vega on a new design and I face the same lack of drivers. Unless I see any kind of commitment for driver support, I think about disabling it and use another Ethernet controller chip with driver support, instead of facing a redesign six months from now. Too bad I'd also lose a PCI handshake signal pair in the process.

denis23
Associate II
Posted on July 22, 2003 at 08:49

To provide you some more Info, The ethernet Mac controller is based on Tulipe Standard with some minor modifications. ST will support and provided driver for LINUX, WIN CE.NET and WIN XPe.

Target is to have available the Linux source code and Ce.net driver for September October 2003 time frame and XPe end of this year.

Regards
fweerdenburg2
Associate
Posted on October 09, 2003 at 10:33

Are there plans to support Network driver for VxWorks?

(if yes, please give indication when)

Regards, Frank