sadhana
Associate II
Posted on October 08, 2004 at 06:26

ST10Flasher Errors.

5 REPLIES 5
sadhana
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2004 at 11:18

As I know, ST10Flasher sends NULL character while loading monitor. And in the response to this ST10 sends identification byte which is 0xD5 in my case. Inspite of verifying this 0xD5, flasher gives an error ''BSL receive acknowledge failed appears. Reset your application and reload the monitor''

Does anybody know what should happen after flasher receiving 0xD5 from ST10?

Regards,

Sadhana.
najoua
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2004 at 12:22

If the microcontroller is NOT in bootstrap loader mode, then the message

''BSL receive acknowledge failed appears. Reset your application and reload the monitor'' will appear.

In this case, then :

- Issue a hardware reset to latch port 0 pin 4 at low level during startup.

- Make sure you have selected the correct serial communication port and that no other program occupies it (close it if so).

- Click the button ''RELOAD'' starts the bootstrap loader based command handler download again, which then should be successful complete by printing the ''Monitor OK'' in the message window.

For more details, please refer to this link:

http://www.stmcu.com/forums-cat-1541-5.html

sadhana
Associate II
Posted on October 06, 2004 at 03:48

Thanks. But my problem is I know that the processor is in BSL mode as I'm able to receive 0xD5. But after than Flasher gives me that error. I tried this by sending NULL character from serial port emulation utility, and recevied 0xD5 on the same.

So its confirmed that board sends identification byte and the processor is in BSL mode.

So when I connected the flasher and tried it, it flashed error. I didn't find any where any document mentioning what happens after flasher receives 0xD5. And I'm looking for the same. Please tell me more if anybody knows about the whole procedure!

Regards,

Sadhana.
najoua
Associate II
Posted on October 06, 2004 at 10:58

Sadhana, refer to the ST10F269 user's manual (page 211) and the ST10F269 datasheet ''bootstrap loader'' part (page 29). This will help you.

charles239955_st
Associate II
Posted on October 08, 2004 at 06:26

The behavior of the ST10Flasher is the following:

1. Send 0x0 byte

2. Wait for 0xD5 acknowledge from ST10

3. Send block of data to the ST10 that is a first code to get the content of the ST10 IDCHIP register

4. ST10 answers with 3 bytes: 0x5A (acknowledge of the monitor), IDCHIP_lowbyte, IDCHIP_highbyte

5. ST10Flasher send the complete Flash monitor for the target ST10 device

So the message you have really means that the ST10Flasher did not get the 0xD5 acknowledge.