Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2009 at 05:59

Firmware Library MISRA Compliance

5 REPLIES 5
cpinkstone
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:41

Dear All,

I'm using PC-Lint to check MISRA 2004 compliance of the following line from the firmware examples:-

GPIO_WriteBit(GPIOB, GPIO_Pin_11, Bit_SET);

I get the following errors:-

Note 960: Violates MISRA 2004 Required Rule 10.1, Prohibited Implicit Conversion: Signed versus Unsigned

Note 923: cast from unsigned long to pointer [Encompasses MISRA 2004 Rules 11.1 and 11.3]

I thought the firmware libraries were compliant? If so, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

:(

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear pinkstone,

The STM32F10x Firmware Library (FWLib) has been checked for MISRA-C 2004

compliance using the PC-Lint static checking tool by Gimpel Software. MISRA compliancy applies only to FWLib peripherals driver source file, examples and project files are not MISRA compliant.

This was done and reported in a list for each MISRA-C Rule weather it is Advisory or Required and indicates how it is checked. For the checking tool three options are available:

– The static checker: PC-Lint V8.0

– The compiler: IAR C/C++ Compiler for ARM V4.42

– Manual Checking (code review)

However, we have noticed some areas where MISRA-C 2004 rules that are violated frequently in the code and here below and attached the deviation report. :-?

Cheers,

STOne-32.

artur2
Associate II

Hi,

I prefer to use following options:

+libdir(ypur_st_lib_directory) -wlib(0)

It allows to avoid touching ''foreign'' files and it does not require to disable any warnings globally.

Regards,

norbert2
Associate II

Quote:

However, we have noticed some areas where MISRA-C 2004 rules that are violated frequently in the code and here below and attached the deviation report. :-?

Hello,

does anybody know a possibility for suppressing these PC-Lint messages only for the files of the ST firmware library? I use PC-Lint as add-on in µVision3 and I do not want to change the FWLib source and header files (excepting stm32f10x_conf.h).

If I choose Tools - Lint All C-Source Files then the FWLib files are checked too and create a lot of these warnings. :(

I do not want to write the according Lint options into stm32f10x_conf.h since it would suppress the messages too in all my own source files which include stm32f10x_conf.h.

Thanks in advance,

Norbert

ngaylard
Associate II

Quote:

Hello,

does anybody know a possibility for suppressing these PC-Lint messages only for the files of the ST firmware library? I use PC-Lint as add-on in µVision3 and I do not want to change the FWLib source and header files (excepting stm32f10x_conf.h).

If I choose Tools - Lint All C-Source Files then the FWLib files are checked too and create a lot of these warnings.

I do not want to write the according Lint options into stm32f10x_conf.h since it would suppress the messages too in all my own source files which include stm32f10x_conf.h.

Thanks in advance,

Norbert

it is frustrating that the library is claimed to be compliant and then a fair number of warnings are generated. The best that I can suggest is to configure lint to globally suppress the 3 or 4 warnings related to the ST library and then use the lint +e directive in your source files to re-enable them on a file by file basis.

What I have done is separate the ST library into a different project that is not checked, abstracted all calls to the ST library into 2 files (configuredevice.c) and an STIO.c file (see Ramtex on the net for their Stimuli gateway functions) I then suppress the warnings on these 2 files.