cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RLINK damaged? Anyone had repair it by DIY before?

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2007 at 00:29

RLINK damaged? Anyone had repair it by DIY before?

7 REPLIES 7
alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2007 at 07:31

Our company bought 10 set of RLINK for half year. We had 4 set of RLINK are damaged, Do you have similar experience?

There are 2 type of response.

1) STVD7 cannot connect RLINK (may be power section problem, can i have the schematics to trace?)

2) Connected with STVD7, but promoted that, not right MCU selected, and the option table is blank, nothing to choice. (???)

bolebonov
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2007 at 08:14

There was such problem. Bad quality of soldering in socket ICC. And RLINK does not work for us at Vcc 3.3v.

[ This message was edited by: avb on 04-01-2007 12:48 ]

vincentchoplin9
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2007 at 09:41

Hi,

For both of you, we'll need more information before we can help.

Please send us an email to ''support@raisonance.com'' including:

1. RLink(s) Serial Number(s).

2. Build Number (BN) of RIDE and/or version of STVD7.

3. Complete name of the ST7 derivative you are using.

4. If possible, schematic of the target board and project for making the program you load to the flash. Or as much non-confidential information on your project as you can share with us. (at least power, clocks, ICC connections, option bytes, etc.)

5. More precise description of the problem. (Did it occur from the beginning or after using the RLink for some time? What was the last successfull operation? And the first that failed? What error messages do you get exactly? When performing which operations? etc.)

If we cannot understand the problems with this information, then maybe we can try to arrange an exchange of some of the damaged RLinks against new ones for us to investigate the problem on the damaged ones.

Once we understand the problem, if it appears that it is our fault, then we'll exchange all the damaged RLinks. If not, then we'll tell you how to repair them if possible.

Best Regards,

Vincent

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2007 at 22:32

Dear Vincent, Thanks for your help.

1. RLink(s) Serial Number(s).

>> There are no serial for those RLINK (checked the tool & box too). I screwed the casing, and found the PCB of 4 sets are printed RLINK V3.0.

2. Build Number (BN) of RIDE and/or version of STVD7.

>> STVD7 3.3.2

3. Complete name of the ST7 derivative you are using.

>> ST7FLITE09Y0B6 (okay) & ST72F264G2B6 (once i connect, window hang..)

4. If possible, schematic of the target board and project for making the program you load to the flash. Or as much non-confidential information on your project as you can share with us. (at least power, clocks, ICC connections, option bytes, etc.)

>> The Target Board used are Softec Indartkit-LITE0 (ST7FLITE09Y0B6), and ST7FOPTION (ST72F264G2B6)

Both are...

Power: Before Regulated : 12V, Regulated : 5V

Clock: Internal RC, 1MHz w/o PLL for LITE09, 16MHz for ST72F264

ICC connection: EV Board default

5. More precise description of the problem. (Did it occur from the beginning or after using the RLink for some time? What was the last successfull operation? And the first that failed? What error messages do you get exactly? When performing which operations? etc.)

>> The 4 set of RLINK are not all damaged on my hand. Just one for me^^

The other 3 set is collected from my colleague using in other office.

For my RLINK, it is being used well on Indartkit-LITE0 EVboard for such long time. My lastest RLINK had just already damaged before my last mail. For my own set, I think it is not RLINK problem, it should be my fault, because once i changed to the board ST7FOPTION-EVAL, the window(PC) was hanged (blue screen), after i reset and re-connect RLINK to IndartkitLITE0-EVAL & PC, the right bottom shown the USB devices cannot be recognized .....

I checked the other 3 set. here are the response after RLINK connected to PC

My Set & the Set 1 - USB devices cannot be recognized (descripted above)

Set 2 & 3 - After STVD7 start debug, RLINK LED ''power'' and ''busy'' are remain ON. And then STVD7 prompted a box. Picture attached below

0690X00000603NhQAI.jpg

0690X00000603NlQAI.jpg

:p :-?

vincentchoplin9
Associate II
Posted on January 05, 2007 at 06:29

Hi,

According to ST, the ST7FOPTION board is obsolete, and they don't have any left in stock. Therefore, I'll not be able to try it myself.

However, I could look at its schematic and saw a potential problem for the RLink: there is no jumper to disconnect the OSC1 from the RLink to the target cpu (there are jumpers on the Softec boards), and there might be an electrical conflict if W4 ties it to GND or to the board's oscillator.

Please tell me what the jumper settings for W4 and W5 are, on your board?

Also, maybe you can try this test to check that the RLink clock is still running:

1. Unconnect the ICC cable and the RLink's USB.

2. Connect the RLink's USB.

3. Connect a power supply (between 3.3V and 5V) to GND (pin 3) and VCC (pin 7) of the RLink's ICC connector.

4. With an oscilloscope, check that OSC1 (pin 9) is oscillating at 12MHz between 0V and the VCC you supplied.

Finally, did you connect anything on TP1? It contains PA0 and PA1, which are the ICC pins and should be reserved for programming and debugging. If you connected anything to it, then that might be the source of the problem.

If all this doesn't help, then I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to send your RLink to me for inspection.

Note: the RLink's Serial Number can be read using RIDE or RFlasher, but it requires the USB enumeration to succeed... :(

Best Regards,

Vincent

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2007 at 00:27

Dear Vincent

Thanks a lot for your help ^^

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2007 at 00:29

Dear Vincent,

Thanks a lot ^^