alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2007 at 00:45

Do you have Gang Programmer?

4 REPLIES 4
alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on December 04, 2006 at 15:56

1)I didn't used MP8011A before, we browsed the spec of Gang programmer MP8011A that, it seems a parallel programming, means the programming signal is output to each MCU same time, and we guess only the first MCU programmed can have feedback (the 2,3,4,5,6 & 7 MCU can receive the programming signal, but may not verify and response), please tell me if I am correct or not? If yes, what will the LED be? (LED on daughter board)

2) Actually, Why we ask this is that? we hope to make Gang Programmer by DIY. Did anyone have experience / idea to made Gang Programmer by DIY?

Refernece to the AppNotes of ICP protocol, seems it may achievable to make the gang programmer by DIY.

If the above questin1 anwser is yes, our concept is to make a better version, which can program the 8 MCUs sequentially with separate verify check.

hermanckc
Associate
Posted on December 05, 2006 at 06:12

For the MP8011A gang programmer, all 8 piece of socket programming place can make the verify step, so it is not like what you said that only the first MCU programmed can have feedback. So, the MP9011A can do the verfiy to evryne MCU that programmed by itself,and notice the user when error found.

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on December 05, 2006 at 07:26

Thank you very much.

softec_asia
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2007 at 00:45

For your information, a new programmer has been released from the same manufacturer, it is called

http://URL=http://www.softecmicro.com/products.html?type=detail&title=FlashRunner

. It is a professional grade ISP programmer which features with fast programming, gangable, universal and it is especially decided for easy ATE integration with RS-232, Ethernet and USB interfaces, moreover, the user friendly scriptable text project could be learnt easily and it will greatly help the production engineer to shorten the lead time for mass production.