twitwity
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2004 at 03:38

STPC VEGA Linux BSP

3 REPLIES 3
twitwity
Associate II
Posted on August 23, 2004 at 02:14

I heard from STM staffs (indirectly, via local representative) that Board support package for Linux would be available by Mid August this year.

but nothing changed on this Board or in support archive..

does anybody have some information on VEGA BSP for Linux?

My major concern is 10/100 ethernet Driver for linux. could somone give me some hint or advice If i would like to write the Ethernet driver myself?

reerence code would be nicely appreciated..

thank you all in advance.

Jeremy.
chris_s
Associate II
Posted on August 25, 2004 at 07:02

Hi Jeremy

I installed Debian Linux on our VEGA based board. It worked out fine with the 6 Debian Woody bf 2.4 floppy disks (or a *.iso image) and a good internet connection.

I guess you mean the ste10/100 network chip. It's a fight on every OS, except Linux! You have to chose the Dec Tulip driver, ST's vendor and device id's are known. I didn't made a speed test or so, but I installed all software with apt-get over Ethernet.

Chris
twitwity
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2004 at 03:38

Oh, hi Chris,

I didn't mean the STE10/100 chip which would consume 1 PCI..

i meant the internal 10/100 MII ethernet inteface.

i remember i read that the interface is similar to TULIP architecture from DEC, but i haven't tried the device driver yet..

i installed and tested with red hat , with kernel version of 2.2.xx (as long as i remember) everythings ok and it acknoledged internal ethernet device, all but loading proper device driver for it,

actually the board design has been finished and PCB artwork in in session,

i would be able to try the DEC support in this manth or so..

thank you for your advice anyway, as soon as i test the driver, i would post the result here.

(though any advice on device driver for internal ethernet would be appreciated

)

thank you.