danielh1
Associate II
Posted on April 28, 2004 at 04:17

JTAG information

4 REPLIES 4
danielh1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:00

I have seen many references to the application note AN1153, however I cannot find it; it is not in the knowledge database. Do I need a special clearance from the CIA to access this secret paper, or is it accessible in an easier way?

Daniel

danielh1
Associate II

Thanks for your prompt reply: I could see that this AN is irrelevant for what I have in mind. I'm not at all concerned with JTAG programming (Flashlink is the ultimate answer), but with JTAG debugging. It is supposed to be supported by the turbo chips. Where can I get information about the special JTAG commands supported by these chips? We have here the capability to write our own debugging software, and eventually to build a JTAG interface (I think that Flashlink can also serve this purpose).

Regards, Daniel

joseph2399
Associate II

Use the Quick Links to the App Notes page from:

http://www.st.com/psm/

A more up to date document to take a look at is the Users Manual for Flashlink. The ''Download Manual'' link for Flashlink is found on the page

http://psmdev.st.com/fllink.php

[ This message was edited by: uPSD on 20-04-2004 18:24 ]
joseph2399
Associate II

Yes, the Turbo chips support JTAG debugging. We are now offering an eval copy of a debugger (uVision2)/compiler from Keil along with their ULINK device for JTAG debugging. It is included with the DK3300 that is orderable now for delivery mid to late May.

I am curious why you want to develop your own debugger H/W and S/W when a low cost solution is already available. If you would like to discuss this outside of the Forum, please contact uPSD applications engineering at

mailto:apps.psd@st.com

Regards,

uPSD Applications Engineering