backuphajek
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2003 at 05:55

ST7F264 software support

5 REPLIES 5
backuphajek
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2003 at 18:40

This is the first time I am trying to bring up an st mcu. I am using IdeaST7 C compiler(the free version off the web), soft-tec indart-st7 in circuit debugger/programmer. My goal is to simply create a timer compare interrupt that triggers every 1 ms. The issue I am having is finding a header file with definitions for all the registers. I assume it should be called something like st72F264_periph.h or st72F264.h.

Is there such a header file out there?

Does Cosmic or somebody offer application builders that accept parameters and generate corresponding source code for the perpherals for ST mcus?

BTW, any idea why Comsic's IdeaST7 development environment not allow me to save changes to an edited .c file?

Any help is appreciated!

Marek
dave_festing
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2003 at 22:19

Look in the Hst7 directory, I think you want the file called io72264.h

I never had any problems saving an editted .c file.

DaveF
itsmejatinus
Associate II
Posted on September 16, 2003 at 06:16

>>>Does Cosmic or somebody offer application builders that accept parameters and generate corresponding source code for the perpherals for ST mcus?

For your question above, there is an ST7 software library available (downloadable from the same site) for different devices as well as for their corresponding peripherals. In the configuration files you just have to select the device & peripheral, library will generate the code for you. But i think, for 264 device at present, it is not available.

backuphajek
Associate II
Posted on September 16, 2003 at 20:38

Got the io72264.h and downloaded the ST7 software library.

I had a problem saving to a .c file because I copied a write protected file from the ST7 software library and used it as a base.

Is there a document that explains how IDEAST7 needs to be setup so that I can use its executable file with indart programmer/debugger? I've searched through all kinds of documentation but this one escapes me.

Thanks much!
ppoletto
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2003 at 05:55

Hi,

Cosmic IDEAST7 doesn't support inDART debugger directly.

But if you want to use the Cosmic compiler with inDART you have to use the ST STVD7 IDE with Cosmic toolchain. Following these steps:

1. Install Cosmic software

2. Install inDART software

3. Launch STVD7

Under inDART directory you will find a C example for Cosmic and use it as a quickstart guide.

Bye,

--Piero